Mango Sciences is an AI driven data aggregation and analytical engine providing end-to-end hospital-based analytics focusing on operational efficiencies and quality of care. With this capability, Mango Sciences is currently embedded in more than 350 different hospitals & clinics covering ~ 28 million lives in India.
Mango Sciences has ambitious plans to continue investing and building healthcare capacity across Africa and South Asia. This encompasses the dual mission of serving the healthcare needs of the population by improving the population’s access to quality healthcare, whilst catalysing engagement with Life Science Companies. The objective is to build a longitudinal patient record, from a patient’s DNA, all the way to their consumption and shopping habits across India and emerging markets. Our aim is to unlock insights into human populations never studied before with the power of data.
Working at Mango Sciences means being entrepreneurial, thinking big, and working together to make the impossible a reality. We are inspired by the things that seem impossible. At Mango Sciences, we see the impact of our collective ideas and expertise, and the power of science to deliver them.
We know that meaningful results require not only the right approach but also the right people. We invite you to reimagine healthcare with us. You will have the opportunity to play an important role in helping our clients drive healthcare forward and ultimately expand access to healthcare and improve patient health outcomes.
To deliver on our mission of improving healthcare access and quality, we are looking for an experienced NLP Data Scientist to join our small, fast-growing team.
The NLP Data Scientist serves on a project team that leverages our industry-leading healthcare data to deliver clinical insights in engagements with healthcare providers and Life Sciences Companies. In this role, he/she will be part of an agile data science team, with the excitement, pace, and development opportunities that come with working in an early-stage company.
- You will be part of a high-impact team building the next generation of intelligence and language understanding.
- Utilise the latest techniques in AI, ML (including Deep Learning approaches), and NLU.
- Build topic analysis, text classification, and named entity recognition methods for unstructured and semi-structured data.
- Develop efficient self-learning NLP applications.
- Contribute to problem solving discussions by clearly defining the issues and offering solutions.
- Provide timely updates to the management and leadership teams.
- Bachelors or Master’s degree in Computer Science, Statistics, Information Technology, or a related field of study.
- 4-6 years of relevant work experience, with evidence of:
- Extensive experience in using NLP-related techniques/algorithms, e.g., deep learning, RNN, attention models, transformers, BERT, GPT, word2vec/doc2vec.
- In-depth knowledge of various Natural Language Processing/Understanding (NLP/NLU) domains, e.g., entity extraction, topic modelling, parsing, question answering, word representation, relation extraction, natural language inference, and semantic parsing.
- Strong scripting and programming skills in Python, SQL, or similar languages.
- Healthcare industry knowledge (medical and pharmaceutical).
- Strong background in Machine Learning, e.g., generative model, discriminative model, neural network, regression, classification, and clustering.
- Experience in building models from scratch and working with structured and unstructured data.
- Excellent communication (written and verbal), interpersonal skills, and the ability to foster collective partnerships.
- Dedication to teamwork with a demonstrated ability to collaborate across functions.
- Desire to build strong NLP-based applications.
- Track record of innovation with the vision and entrepreneurial spirit to take on a key role in a small, fast-growing company.
- Commitment to Excellence
- Do GREAT Attitude
- Honesty & Integrity