Mango Sciences is an AI driven data aggregation and analytical engine providing end-to-end hospital-based analytics focusing on operational efficiencies and quality of care. With this capability, Mango Sciences is currently embedded in more than 350 different hospitals & clinics covering ~ 28 million lives in India.
Mango Sciences has ambitious plans to continue investing and building healthcare capacity across Africa and South Asia. This encompasses the dual mission of serving the healthcare needs of the population by improving the population’s access to quality healthcare, whilst catalysing engagement with Life Science Companies. The objective is to build a longitudinal patient record, from a patient’s DNA, all the way to their consumption and shopping habits across India and emerging markets. Our aim is to unlock insights into human populations never studied before with the power of data.
Working at Mango Sciences means being entrepreneurial, thinking big, and working together to make the impossible a reality. We are inspired by the things that seem impossible. At Mango Sciences, we see the impact of our collective ideas and expertise, and the power of science to deliver them.
We know that meaningful results require not only the right approach but also the right people. We invite you to reimagine healthcare with us. You will have the opportunity to play an important role in helping our clients drive healthcare forward and ultimately expand access to healthcare and improve patient health outcomes.
To deliver on our mission of improving healthcare access and quality, we are looking for an experienced Data Scientist to join our small, fast-growing team.
The Data Scientist serves on a project team that leverages our industry-leading healthcare data to deliver clinical insights in engagements with healthcare providers and Life Sciences Companies. In this role, he/she will be part of an agile data science team, with the excitement, pace, and development opportunities that come with working in an early-stage company.
- You will be part of a high-impact team leveraging Mango’s proprietary healthcare platform and data to build prediction models, with a primary focus on clinical risk/outcomes predictions.
- Contribute to problem solving discussions by clearly defining the issues and recommending the appropriate deep learning/machine learning techniques to use, given the goals, and scope of the research question.
- Build and evaluate prediction models, providing written and verbal assessments to both internal and external stakeholders.
- Provide timely updates to the management and leadership teams.
- Degree in Data Science, Computer Science, Statistics, or a related field of study.
- 3-5 years of prediction modelling work experience, with evidence of:
- Mandatory experience in using both deep learning (CNN, RNN, and GAN, at a minimum) and traditional machine learning/statistical approaches (logistic regression, SVM, and random forest, at a minimum).
- Up to date with recent developments in deep/machine learning and are familiar with current trends in the wider data science communi
- Strong scripting and programming skills in Python (required), R, or similar languages.
- Healthcare industry knowledge (medical and pharmaceutical) is preferred.
- Experience in building models from scratch and working with structured and unstructured data.
- Excellent communication (written and verbal), interpersonal skills, and the ability to foster collective partnerships.
- Dedication to teamwork with a demonstrated ability to collaborate across functions.
- Track record of innovation with the vision and entrepreneurial spirit to take on a key role in a small, fast-growing company.
- Commitment to Excellence
- Do GREAT Attitude
- Honesty & Integrity